Sunday, February 23, 2014

River's due date

How far along? Today is my due date...and no baby. 
Total weight gain/loss: 29 lbs. 
Maternity clothes? nope. I found a pair of elastic waist jeans at H&M that fit but my maternity jeans just never fit my belly right. and I'm still just wearing a larger sized shirt, mostly tank tops with open button ups or cardigans. 
Stretch marks? nope. Still doing the belly massages and exfoliating. 
Sleep: still sleeping fairly well. I wake up to use the bathroom or from being hungry and sometimes have trouble falling back asleep but thats maybe once or twice a week.
Best moment this week: FINALLY finishing everything in River's nursery. I need to take pictures!
Have you told family and friends: yup, everyone knows!
Movement: All the time, even at 40 weeks this little boy hasn't slowed down!
Food cravings: I wanted a veggie burger so bad the past couple days, I got one today and it was blah, ok. So now I'm over that craving but I went to the store to buy a bags of apples, sweet potatoes and cuties and ended up with sooo much...so my cravings must be pickled beets, pistachios, sweet potato chips, coconut greek yogurt, honey nut cherrios, basmati rice, stir fry veggies and of course, chips and salsa. At least now we have more than just frozen foods in the house for after we're home from the hospital. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: I've been having nausea in the evenings around 9 if I don't have a snack after dinner.  I usually have some cheese and an apple but sometimes Luke and I will share a bowl of cereal or I'll make cinnamon toast.  
Have you started to show yet: ha, yes. though my belly has shrunk it seems because he's sooo low!
Leakage: yup. I peed myself recently and thought my water had broke. :(
Gender prediction: Boy. and I was right!!!
Labor Signs: I'm in pre term labor and I'm dilated 2.5 cm and 80% effaced. Lots of contractions and cramping and pressure but nothing that equals real labor. 
Belly Button in or out? In/out. 
Wedding rings on or off? on. 
Happy or Moody? Happy. 
Weekly Wisdom: Don't tell people anything because it just becomes the game telephone. Somehow I ended up in labor today on facebook. And someone told someone who told someone else that I was being induced tomorrow. 
Milestones: We made it to the due date! My doctor was 80% sure I'd have River at 37 weeks because of the extra fluid and his size prediction. But we made it to the due date so I had as long of a chance to go natural as my doctor deemed safe. Now tomorrow I have an ultrasound for a fluid level check and to make sure all is still good with River and set an induction date before I get to a full 41 weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment